Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Family! Really....FAMILY!

So we just found out that Jeff's cousin and his wife (okay not really first cousin but in Jeff's twig of a family it is like everyone else's first cousin) are also adopting................wait for it...........................from ETHIOPIA!!!!!!

I am beside myself with excitement! They live about 2 hours from us in North Western Mass and are adopting through Wide Horizons. We caught up with them on the phone last night and I just cannot express how through the roof I am that we can share this with them and that our Ethiopian children will be related here in the US!!!! It is crazy to me! Have I mentioned how excited I am yet?

In any case, they started the process before us, but their agency's wait time is a bit longer for a referral so we are both expecting referrals around the same time (understanding that we really have no idea when the referrals could come but that based on the law of averages it could be around Sept sometime). We could even be traveling to ET at a similar time.

It was amazing to get to talk to them yesterday and have a little more insight into their Journey. I can't believe how similar so many of their choices, movitations and emotions have been to ours. For as much as Jeff and Stephen's parents see each other, it baffles me that somehow this connection has not been made before. I am so thankful that it finally was!

Similar to us, they are open to either gender and 0-18 months (we are 0-12months) so I am so hopefully that they will become fast playmates and have friendship that will last through the years. We look forward to getting to know their family even better and sharing the journey. God works in mysterious ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment