Monday, April 27, 2009

Thoughts after a great weekend

What a great weekend we had! The weather was beautiful (if not a little too hot and humid on Sunday) and I got to enjoy lots of time with my baby girl!! It makes me think of what next spring will be like with 2 little ones running around. I can't even imagine. I think you take for granted that once you have one you know how to do it...the whole parenting thing, the whole life with kids thing. But having 2 is actually a whole different ball game...what I thought I knew/had gotten down to a science will now change drastically. I need to learn how to play a whole new type of game. I love to play!!

It is so exciting!!! Everyday I get more and more excited about this whole process. I am so invested (of course) but it is amazing how each new day brings revelation and self discovery and peace and EXCITEMENT!! All of these things are not easy (even though some are)...made more complex by the fact that it is not just me going through this. Jeff and I are so different in how we process. And Tessa is a whole different story too. But fortunately she really is too young to process anything other than being excited about having a brother or sister. She doesn't know that she came from my "tummy" so the fact that we are flying to a foreign country to bring her brother or sister home is and will be completely "normal" for her. I wish everyone could see that.

This brings up the whole idea of what normal is? Normal is what you know. What do I know...well right now I know what life is like with one daughter, specifically one daughter who is Tessa. So my new normal will be two children, one black and one white....the rest is all still up in the air. How old, what name, boy or girl, temperment, the dynamic of our family, how much sleep I will get, etc, etc.... I want to challange people who don't know the true definition of NORMAL. It sort of speaks to the whole premise of this blog...."What is a family? Whatever you want it to be..." Open your eyes...open your heart...love unconditionally... Really it makes life so much sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment