Monday, August 24, 2009

In Addis and Name!

So we got confirmation today that our son has been moved from the care/intake center in Durame, a town about 4-5 hours south of the capitol city of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to their transition/care center in Addis Ababa! The news means that we should expect updated information on him in the next few weeks as they always complete a new assessment when kiddo's are transferred since they have much better access to facilities, etc in the capitol. Really it just means we are one step closer to our little boy.

It is just so strange to get random reports about your child and to hear that he has been moved and to have no control over any of it. With Tessa I decide everyone who cares for her, where so goes, the type of care she is getting, the type of food she eats, etc. I haven't even had the chance to hold my little boy yet and random people (I have no say in who they are other than choosing my particular agency and trusting them) are cuddling him, kissing him, feeding him, changing his diaper and comforting him. Talk about a lesson in faith! Trusting in the unseen. Lets just say that I am glad I have experience in this arena. I am really struggling with this as it is. It is emotionally exhausting. Ahh, another post for another day...

So we have also finally decided on a name. We are keeping his given last name as his middle name since it is his family name and we thought that was more important than his first. And so, after much laboring over this decision, we introduce:

Cullen Sinamo Adams

He was born on or about April 14th of 2009 and he weighed just 8.8lbs at about his 3 month birthday. His a beautiful little boy with dark brown eyes and a round face with big kissable lips and relatively dark brown skin. We can't wait to share his pictures!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the name. It's perfect! Only 43 days to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the Ethiopia yahoo group ( I still check it occasionally). We brought our little boy home in Dec. through Holt from Ethiopia. He was a year in May and was also just a little thing when we got his referall. I know the wait is hard and it is so surreal knowing others are taking care of your child, but when you get over there, and see the amazing care they are given and how much they are loved, you will know that really God was taking care of him all along and you didn't need to be in control because He is. I hope your court date goes well and you will be home with your little guys very soon. Best wishes! Kelly

    ReplyDelete