Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ahhh...the packing!!!

Okay so I typed this up yest but am just gettting it posted today...just goes to show you what I am talking about!!!...
Last night was our last Wednesday night sleeping in this house together as a family of three! Next Wednesday at this time will will be on a plane bound for Amsterdam, to connect on to
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
It really is all a little bittersweet. While I am so excited to finally meet our son and bring him home, I am so sad to be away from Tessa and especially during this holiday time. I wish that it made the least bit of sense for her to come with us. But it doesn't.
So as you all know, we have been busy packing!! Two huge bags of donations for the care center's run by Holt! (Thank you to all who so generously donated clothing, medications, toys, cups, bottles, blankets, etc) And one suitcase a piece for Jeff, Cullen and I! Here is peek at what life has looked like around our house these past days. I feel good...but I still feel like there is so much to do. Today, Jeff and I finished up gathering some paperwork, getting notarizations, etc. So at least that piece feels complete. And then there has been the wrapping! Wrapping, wrapping and more wrapping.... To think we won't even be here for Christmas day!!! Well, here it all is:

Just a little of our packing mess....

Adams Family Christmas gifts...


Drooger family Christmas gifts...


And still I am trying to constantly remind myself of the reason for this time of holiday celebration. The birth of Christ. A baby in a manger sent by his father. The most amazing gift...

1 comment:

  1. You are so busy getting everything together...but yet your tree is GORGEOUS and just look at all those wrapped gifts...true multi-tasker!

    Best of luck getting the final ends tied before you leave...luckily you won't be away from Tessa too long...I too am bummed to leave Julian home when we go.

    So very excited for you and all the other traveling families!

    ReplyDelete