Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

So we definitely had much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Finding out that we passed court and that Cullen was legally or son three days before Thanksgiving was bittersweet!

We celebrated with my family in Washington DC where my sister is in medical school at Georgetown and then on to West Virginia to my brothers house to spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and enjoying time with the family (sadly minus my sister who needed to keep studying).

Here are some of the highlights of our long weekend!
Celebrating passing court with my family eating traditional Ethiopian cuisine.
(Clockwise: Brooke, Jeff, Tessa, Jair, Becca, Jake, and Pam)
Tractor ride in WV with cousins Eli and Sarah

Tessa driving the tractor with Auntie Pam!

I also want to apologize for being MIA these past days since passing court. I can't believe how long it took me to post these photos! We have been super busy shopping, packing, and trying to have as normal of a Christmas season for Tessa as we can as there is a good chance we could be traveling over Christmas to finally bring Cullen home. I will be sure to post as soon as we have official news of our travel dates. But for now, we are still waiting. Our agencies staff in ET is gathering paperwork, getting birth certificates and passports issued, etc. Once this is done we will be formally invited to travel to bring him home!! Hooray! We are hoping for news by tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.... I am really hoping we will be able to travel for Christmas together!!! Travel news tomorrow would work well for me too. I was really hoping to hear something last week, this weekend has gone so slow waiting for the week to start with to hope of news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you! He will be home! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your paperwork gets processed quickly so you can get an embassy date - I'm saying some extra prayers for you guys! Did they give you any idea when you may travel?

    I am so happy for you...it's just great that you passed court with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete