Monday, November 23, 2009

FINALLY!!!!! He is our son!!!

I can't believe I am finally posting these words. Cullen Sinamo Adams is legally and irrevocably our son! After 5 months of waiting from the first time we saw his sweet round face, it is now only a matter of time (short time) before we can leave to bring him home!

The email came today around lunch time. Too say I was not expecting would be an understatement. But there it was..."Congratulations!" I could not breathe. Literally. I could not even read the rest of the email. I was hyperventilating as I launched my self onto Jeff, running around the house and screaming every time I could catch my breath. Only to catapult myself back onto my husband about 5 times as I would pass by! My mother couldn't even understand me because I was hyperventalating so much. I then had to have Jeff confirm that I had read it right...or actually that what I didn't continue to read really was that we had passed court today. It was. He is ours!!!!

So the sad part is that now there is more waiting. The not so sad part is that it is a short wait and a defined wait. It is just a matter of gathering the court papers, having a birth certificate issued and getting him a physical at the US Embassy before we can be assigned a date at the US Embassy that we will travel to Ethiopia for and bring him home. The most likely scenario is that we will be traveling towards the end of the year (or -hopefully not- into January of 2010). We are hoping to hear news of travel soon...but realistically it will probably be a few weeks before we are sure of our travel dates. We will keep you posted!

And I will close by saying thank you! We have so much to be Thankful for this year (like all years) but we are especially thankful to everyone for their prayers and support. I never thought this day would come. I didn't think I would make it emotionally. But I did. But we did. And finally he is ours! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hooray hooray hooray! Praise Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the LORD!! So glad you got this surprise quick response! I sure hope you can travel this year... maybe we will travel together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so excited for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete