Monday, November 9, 2009

Pirated...Adoption, Orphans and Trusting God

So, yesterday...Sunday, November 8th 2009...was Orphan Sunday. I have been wanting to post something meaningful in response/about this, but when I read my good friend Bethany's post, I knew I would not be able to say it any better. She really articulated so well what I know to be true and how I feel about these things...Adoption, Orphans, and Trusting God. So please read it, and more importantly, TAKE ACTION.

I feel like a broken record sometimes asking: "What are you called to do?" "What is your something?" "Make your moment of grace happen." But I really feel like we all need that push, that constant reminder. Our lives are so busy and often times even full. There is no reason to move beyond your comfort zone. But if there is one thing that should move most anyone...it is the cry of the orphan. Or the cry of 143 million (143,000,000) of them.

And I am more guilty of this then most any of you. Even for adoption...we were one of those families who had "talked about and considered" adoption. But would we really have taken the leap if God had not reminded us not-so-gently about this seed he had planted in our hearts? It was not a comfortable step to take...it often still isn't. But there is no doubt in my mind that this is what we are called to do. My new question is always what ELSE can I do? Now I just need some more "pushes." Especially as our life is just about to get even more full with a second child at home.

So this is just another little push from your annoying little friend Brooke. What are you moved to do? Trust in God and DO IT.

Click on this link: http://hutchisonadoption.blogspot.com/2009/11/adoption-orphans-and-trusting-god.html

No comments:

Post a Comment