Monday, September 28, 2009

A Look Back and a Look Forward

So a long time ago I posted about our friends the Hutchisons that we have gotten to know along this journey (well really Bethany and I have gotten to know each other...the rest of our families are by default ;) ). They were the family who were originally neck and neck with us on the waitlist until they got a referral much earlier than expected and about a month before us. I was so happy for them but it definitately was an adjustment realizing that we definitely wouldn't get to travel with their family and finally meet them in person (they live in AZ) when we went to pick up our kids. Regardless of how close we are to one another in the process (which in the larger scheme of things is VERY close) Bethany has been such a great confidant and support system for me in this process. We seem to process things similarly and have the same do it yourself attitude. I could not have made it this far without her support!!

And so, I am happy to share that they leave this Wed to pick up their daughter Mikayla in Ethiopia! I have been so excited the past few weeks as their day comes closer and closer and am really living vicariously through her. I wish I was able to be there with them to witness the first time they meet their new daughter! Very few are lucky enough to get to be a part of such an amazing moment in time! I feel blessed to be given the opportunity to do this myself but also to share in others amazing journey's as well.

All this being said, I ask for your prayers for the Hutchison family in the comming days and next few weeks. Like us, they will leave behind a child when they make the trip. Their 3.5 year old son Eli will be staying with his grandparents as Bethany and Micah make the long trip to ET to bring Mikayla home. Please pray for peace as they prepare these next few days physically and emotionally and as they say goodbye to Eli. Pray also for peace for Eli as he is away from his parents. Pray for a life changing and safe journey for mom and dad. Pray for Mikayla, this 3 year old girl who will be leaving the only country she has known and being thrust into a new culture and a new loving family. And pray for a smooth transition for her big brother when they do arrive home.

I am so excited for them and for the road God has laid out for them. I have no doubt the journey will be at the same time challenging and rewarding. We are so excited to follow in their footsteps hopefully only a few weeks later (okay probably like 8)! They will be there over our court date, an may even get to meet little Cullen and love on him for us!!!

Safe and joyous journeys....

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks so much Brooke, this touched my heart :) We will definitely appreciate your prayers, as well as those of anyone else who is willing to pray for us during this time. Can't wait for you to be at this point in your journey so I can "re-live" the trip vicariously through YOU. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete