Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bad News

So we just got word that our court date for Oct 7th has been rescheduled. I am so dissappointed. We are waiting longer than most families as is because the courts have been closed for the past 6 weeks and now we learn today that our wait will be another 2 weeks longer.
So I had been hearing rumors that the courts were not planning to open as scheduled next week in time for our court date. I didn't believe the rumors at first because they run rampant among families waiting for any news of progress. And our agency had not heard news as of yesterday. But then today I heard definite news from families with other agencies who had court dates for next week that had just been postponed. When I finally got in touch with our Agency today, just a few minutes before the email went out to notify us of what they had learned, we found out that our date was rescheduled for Oct 22nd because the courts were not hearing cases for an additional 2 weeks after reopening because of "staff training."
That is the only good news in all of this. Rather than just having our date canceled, it was fortunately rescheduled for just 2 weeks later. I am trying my best to stay positive but I really am so bummed about this news. It feels like my friend Robyn put it, like we are running a race and the finish keeps getting moved futher and further back the more we run.
Anyway...welcome to the uncertainty of interantional adoption. This is the way it looks folk. Its not easy and its not fun. Please pray that our date actually happens this time on the 22nd and that we pass on that date (it is very possible for us to not pass through because our case wasn't heard because there wasn't enough staff, the electricity went out, they scheduled too many cases for the day, etc.). Without having to have 2 or 3 or 4 court dates, we are still way longer than most any families to pick up or son. I really can't handle another setback. Also, please pray for Cullen and those caring for him. The best place for him is in the arms of his family. Arms that are aching to hold him and bring him home. I HATE all these obstacles. I know these two weeks will be a blip on the radar screen one day but for today they are so difficult.

2 comments:

  1. We got the same bad news- hang in there! It will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just wandered onto your blog! Our family received our referral on July 9th and have not been given any court date yet. So, your news is not that bad. Some day very soon your little one will be in your arms. God bless you and I will pray that you pass court and travel soon.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete