Thursday, July 16, 2009

And another call!!!!!!

Not the call I was expecting on the Thursday before the holiday weekend. Eugene, OR...hmmm that is where our agency is. No way. They must be calling to let us know they got the document I sent (the 171H approval that finally came).

Nope. The message I got from Jenn at Holt said she had some "information" for us and was hoping to get in touch with us before the holiday weekend.


By the time I had called Jeff to tell him we needed to get on a conference call to call Holt back ASAP, he was already on the phone with Jenn (in the midst of shock, apparently my rational though process went out the window and I forgot that when they call you with a referral they try all numbers until they can get through to someone).


It was a referral!!!!


A 3 month old little boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I don't know what else to write but !!!!!!!!!!!. We are beyond excited! The shock of that day is still fresh in my memory...the trembling, the sweating, haha...I really couldn't believe it! No matter how fast we had been moving up the wait list, we really still weren't supposed to get a referral until the fall!


So, why has it taken my 2 weeks to post, to share this amazing info? Well, typically we would have almost immediately...once you get your referral info it needs to be reviewed, looked at by a physician, etc and then you have to formally accept the referral. Well, we weren't able to formally accept our referral until this week. Because of some errors in his paperwork, we had to wait (not so patiently) for almost 2 weeks for our agency to hear back from their staff in ET with correct information. It has been an excruciating 2 weeks but finally we know that the beautiful little boy in the 2 pictures we have is our new son!!!!!!! The second call came on Tuesday, the day he turned 3 months old, after weeks of me calling our agency daily, power and Internet outages in ET, court closure date announcements, sudden closing of the Ministry of Women's Affairs in ET, etc, etc.


This week we are on vacation at the MD shore where my family has gone every year since before I was born with a number of other families. What a great place to relish in the glow of a new life, a new addition to our family, a new son, grandparents and aunts for the 4th time, parents for the 2nd time, hope for a little (very little) 3 month old boy.


We are excited to share FINALLY this news!!! I will post more when we are home and have more access to Internet about next steps but know for now know that we are elated beyond words.


And that the wait continues...it will likely be another 3 to 5 months until we can go pick our munchkin up.

2 comments: